Meeting minutes link to JIRA

Mike Bailoux December 4, 2019

Hello, 

When I 'Create Issue' from the Action table in the meeting minutes, it successfully creates the issue in JIRA, but it doesn't establish an active link to that issue in the meeting notes. When I first started testing this out, I was pretty sure that it did create the link. But, now that we're actively using the this process it doesn't seem to be working. It's just plain text, no link. 

Is this something that should work, or was I imaging this?

Thanks, 

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

@Mike Bailoux , I'd open a ticket with Atlassian as it looks like a bug. I am able to create issues from action in Confluence but not always on the first try. For example,

I created a task (task#1), published the page, selected the text, created a Jira issue and the Jira issue was linked to the confluence page.

Repeat for a new task (task#2), creates the Jira issue but does not link that issue to the Confluence page. Try again from the same task (task#2), creates another Jira issue and then links that new issue to the Confluence page. Now I have 2 jira issues from that task but only one linked.

Was able to re-create the same behavior above with another task (task#3)

So, I don't think you were imaging things. :)

-pjd

Mike Bailoux December 6, 2019

Thank, Peter

I will reach out to support to see what they have to say

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events