Meeting Notes - Index page

Kristin Kweder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2021

Hi there,

I created a section of Confluence that is locked down so only a few people can see it. Then, I created a sub-page within that, that used the Meeting Notes template. I had no idea it added a Meeting Notes index page, but even worse, that page was viewable by everyone! A few questions:

1. Is there a way to just not have a Meeting Notes Index page get created? I went ahead and locked it down as well, but it seems pointless if the to-do's are also on the main meeting notes page itself.

2. It would be great if the index page was optional, or at least if it warned you before creating it.

3. Can Meeting Notes index pages read off of the same viewing/editing restrictions as the meeting notes it originated from?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hello there @Kristin Kweder!

The creation of the Index page is indeed sudden for people who use it for the first time. Currently, the index page does not inherit the same restrictions applied to the meeting notes that originated them.

Your approach is correct, apply restrictions for the Index page as soon as possible. IIt might be easier to deal with permissions if you create a new space and then give permissions to the people who can access the project.

Further down the line, I was able to locate a suggestion that tackles your necessity:

CONFCLOUD-34205 - Make it optional for page blueprints to create the index page

Currently, your approach is the most sensible one. Apply restrictions to the recently created index page so unauthorized people have no access.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events