Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of users when trying to add an existing user to an existing group?

Mathew Imregi January 20, 2023

See image and title.  For some reason, trying to add a user to a group that I have just removed a user from gives me the message that I have reached the max users for my plan.  Aside from not knowing my plan had a max users, I am not adding a new user, just changing permissions group.  Any idea what could be happening here?  

2023-01-20 13_55_01-Window.png

2 answers

0 votes
Alwathiqubellah Abumaali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2024

I'm on a premium account and it looks like our group membership is capped out at 35,000. Is there anywhere that this information is listed and how do we go about exceeding that number?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2024

Hello @Alwathiqubellah Abumaali 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

This post is not about a limit on the number of users in a group. This post is about the overall limit on the number of users for a site.

The current limits on the number of users for a site for each plan are specified here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing

However, if you have purchased a license based on a user license tier, then your limit may be lower. Your license tier would be visible on the Billing page in the admin hub (https://admin.atlassian.com).

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hello @Mathew Imregi 

Your post tags indicate you are on the Standard plan. The user limit is 35,000 for that plan.

If you don't think you're anywhere near that number of users, then perhaps your plan was downgraded to the Free plan, where the limit is 10 users?

Can you specify the steps you followed to navigate to the page you are on? There are a lot of ways to get to things in Atlassian products, and so far I have not found a navigation path that gets me to a screen that looks like the fragment you have shared.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2023

One of my colleagues just asked much the same.  The problem is your plan, not the groups within it.   

They were trying to add a user to a group, like you are, but the user had previously been disabled (left and rejoined), and the group they were trying to add to was a group named for "has application access".  They already had 50 users, so adding the old user back into the "can log in" would have taken them to 51, over their limit.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events