Math plugin/macro for confluence ondemand?

茅野秀介 June 28, 2012

Hi,

Is there any option to support writing math formula in Page of Confluence Ondemand environment?

Looks like bundled plugin doesn't include math support, no user macro allowed which get me in stuck...

I really need it to use Confluence for software docmentation which need to describe mathematical algorithm behind the program behavior...

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Burkhalter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2013

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I'm using confluence-ondemand for documentation. Unfortunately some formulas should be included in my documentation and i didn't find a way to do it properly. Can anybody help me with this issue?

In my opinion a math-formula plugin/macro is essential.

Thanks

茅野秀介 May 1, 2013

with agreement with Michael's opinion, I mark this as an Answer.

I also think math formula is basic feature.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

OnDemand doesn't allow plugins. You will have to go for downloaded version. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy

茅野秀介 June 30, 2012

I know plugins are not allowed. Is there any option other than plugin?

0 votes
CelesteCS June 8, 2016

Hello!

For any calculations in Confluence, including any manipulations with table data, you may use CelesteCS Math for Confluence.

Assume you have a table with three columns and three rows on your page – from A1 till C3, where row 1 is the header row. The sum calculation formula for rows 2 and 3 will be simple:

SUM(Table1.A2:C3)

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Cloud version of this plugin is on the way!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events