Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Math equation in Confluence?

CM November 6, 2013

Hello everybody.

I am wondering if something is possible to do in Confluence.

We are a company delivering v belts, and often we have to do calculations for how long belt our customer needs

The equation is like this (sorry for posting pic, but not sure how to write this):

L: Belt length in mm
C: Center distance in mm
D: Big pulley diameter in mm
d: Small pulley diameter in mm

What I want to do is this: If we know the center distance and center distance we can calculate the length we need for the belt.

The best solution for us is if we in a form or something can punch in the information (C, D,d), push enter and then find the needed length (L).

Is this possible to do? If yes, how can I write this equation?

Thank you very much.

6 answers

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013
Oliver Hoos July 19, 2016

Unfortunately this is not possible in onDemand Confluence.

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2023

Hello, 

If you are looking for a way to add LaTeX in confluence pages, I would recommend 

LaTeX EASY math equation for Confluence . 

You can choose inline/ block mode when you add LaTeX. As well as, it provides real time preview and selectable formula entry UI so you can easily add and edit formulas. 

0 votes
Parva C. - Narva Software August 18, 2021

Hi there,

If you are looking to write Math expressions in Confluence, we recently released an add-on which allows exactly that.

Please try out LaTeX Math for Confluence available at Atlassian Marketplace. You can write expressions in LaTeX (TeX) format which will be nicely rendered.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Parva

0 votes
Manchun kumar February 26, 2019

there is a various plugin for write math question and formulas such as Mathjax.

for example https://www.andlearning.org/math-formula

if you have any other question for support regarding mathjax you easily take. 

0 votes
CelesteCS October 2, 2014

Hello!

For any calculations in Confluence, including the one you need, you may use CelesteCS Math for Confluence.  There are versions for both Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud.

Assume you have all the formula parameters in the table and want to calculate the result with the formula. Assume your parameters are the following table cell values:

• A2: C
  • A3: D
  • A4: d

The calculation formula will be the following:

2 * VALUE(Table1.A2) + POW(VALUE(Table1.A3) - VALUE(Table1.A4)) / (4 * VALUE(Table1.A2)) + 1.57 * (VALUE(Table1.A3) + VALUE(Table1.A4))

As you see, it is similar to EXCEL with equal set of functions.

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

Peter Chinaka April 3, 2018

Thanks Alexey for the info above.

I am trying to create a table that contains the following information:

- Allocated Time (which I've entered manually on the Confluence page)

- Remaining Time (which is = Allocated Time - Sum of all time logged on Completed issues on a project)

Does your plugin support formulas that can sum time logged on an issue filter?

Best regards.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2013

There are a couple of plugins in the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=equation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events