Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marquee message in dashboard

Hsu Yao Chang January 6, 2018

Dear Support team, 

Would it be possible to add marquee message shown in dashboard as shown as below? User have a form for key-in marquee message content and administrator can control which message visible or hidden .

dashboard.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Hsu Yao Chang January 8, 2018

Dear Shannon, 

The message is just only visible in dashboard, and mostly these messages are temporary, but some maybe is shown forever.  Mostly it is displayed to everyone, but if it can displayed for certain users. I think it will be great.

Actually I have found the plugin of Announcement Banner for Confluence (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nolddor.announcement-banner/server/overview) . The plugin also can setup display for some users or for everyone. But if the message can added and maintain by users, not administrator, I think it's wonderful. And if the message can display by schedule, such as we would like display some message at 1/1-1/3 (It's a example) .

Thanks for your kindly reply.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi,

According to the overview, scheduled announcements are planned:

• What is planned for next releases?

• Multi-language support
    • Scheduled announcements
    • Predefined announcement templates

I don't see any information about if non-admins can control it, but I would reach out to the vendor and see if it's possible.

There's also Announcer for Confluence but from the screenshots it appears you may have to be an admin to control it.

Regards,

Shannon

Hsu Yao Chang January 8, 2018

Dear Shannon, 

Thanks a lot. But Announcer for confluence need pay , I try to find free plugin first. 

Best Regards, Anderson Hsu

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

Can you help us to understand where exactly in Confluence you want to display this message? Would it be in the header of all pages? On a specific page?

It sounds like also that you want this message either to be temporary or displayed to only certain users? Would it be displayed to only certain users despite everyone having access to the page?

You will most likely need an add-on or write a user macro for this, but if you explain your full requirements we can help you with that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events