Marketplace pricing increased Significantly?

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

On Friday afternoon, two add-ons I was looking at were $175 and $625. WhenI went back this morning to setup trials, the add-ons have increased to $12675 and $14250 respectively. Browsing other apps, it appears everything has increased exponentially.

Is this correct?

FYI, this appears to be specific to Cloud apps. If I look at the Marketplace from our Server-based instance of Confluence, the prices appear to be consistent  with last week.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hi Darryl,

As mentioned in our support ticket, this is a display issue caused by the following bug:

• UPM-5918 Annual Cloud customers can see wrong app pricing in UPM

Thank you again for your help in reporting this.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2018

Darryl,

It depends on the add-on and the number of users licensed for your instance. Can you let us know what that is?

Regards,

Shannon

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

Referring to the pricing on the Description page.

Server:CLI-Server.PNGCloud:CLI-Cloud.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2018

Darryl,

The pricing is different for Cloud vs Server.

If you can let me know how many licensed Confluence users you have on Cloud then I can check for you to see what the price should be and if it changed in the system.

Regards,

Shannon

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Shannon,

I appreciate the offer, but I am able to get to the pricing details pages for the add-ons I'm looking at. I'm really just questioning what happened between Friday and Monday to change the pricing on the description pages. I have been looking at some of these items frequently over the last month, and suddenly they changed on their description pages. It's not even clear what the price on the description page represents...

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2018

Darryl,

I have confirmed with the Advocates team that no pricing changes have occurred on the website.

The pricing is based on what the add-on provider is offering, so please feel free to reach out to them directly in case you are having issues.

Regards,

Shannon

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

Thanks for the info, but let me share something (below) I copied and pasted on Friday as I was collecting information for add-ons. The attached, for Document Control for Confluence Cloud, has a different price on it today than it did on Friday.

I'm concerned that the Advocates aren't aware of a change like this to your site. I have another example if you need it.

DocControl.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2018

Darryl,

Pricing changes are submitted by the vendor via our Marketplace site. They take about 24 hours to update, and previous invoices are grandfathered into the old price. It's possible for us to review changes to add-on prices using a database query. Due to this, I can confirm that we do indeed have awareness of pricing changes to our site.

In truth, to be able to confirm your findings, we do need to know your Cloud instance details to have a look at what could have happened. I found one site associated with your contact details, and the number of users on this instance matches the lower price.

If you were to increase your users to 5,000, then it would match the 2nd price you mentioned.

In order to investigate further, I have created a ticket in our support system. Please use this to submit your personal details so we can confirm your findings. I will be writing you shortly on that thread so you can reply to me with those details. This is to ensure your personal information isn't released on this public forum.

Regards,

Shannon

Stefan Baader November 27, 2019

We (company with some thousands of employees) are using 2 Atlassian Confluence licenses (one internally, one externally) since 2006.

The price increase of the last years for self-managed Confluence commercial server product (source: Seibert Media):

August 2016 > an average increase of 15% for Confluence

October 2017 > an average increase of 12% for all Atlassian products

October 2018 > an increase of 15% to 25% for all Server and Cloud products

October 2019 > New licenses on Server will increase between 40% and 320%

In our eyes, it's gonna be a show stopper. We are using SharePoint in parallel too. I guess we really have to rethink if we will still use Conflunece in the next view years.

@AlL:

Any ideas how to migrate from CONF to SharePoint?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events