Mark table rows as header with the new editor (Version 4+)

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hello,

in the old wiki markup a table header could be created using two pipes:

|| this is a table cell in the table header ||

The result of this was html with <th class="confluenceTh">

Is there a way to create such a table header with the new editor as well?
I recognized that there is an item in the table menu called "Row highlight" but that is not what I mean.

Instead of changing from <td class="confluenceTd"> to <th class="confluenceTh"> the "Row highlight" just adds yet another css class making it a <td class="confluenceTd highlight">. Also the format is different as it doesn't have the same font weight as the original table header.

Since I have a lot of pages and tables that were created with the old markup I want to be able to get the same headers. When I create a new table this is not much of a problem because the first row is automatically formated as a header in the old style but when I work on tables, do some copy and paste, etc. I always end up with tables where I need an easy way to mark normal rows as headers or vice versa.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

It seems that with our latest update (to confluence 4.3.7) the behaviour has changed again and I can get the header I want with a click on the top menu item "Heading Row".

Works okay for me.

0 votes
Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2012

I'm not sure whether there is an 'easy' way. Perhaps someone who can knock together scripts or user macros could provide something simple.

In the meantime, you could use the Confluence Source Editor to change the table attributes manually:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

Or perhaps you could use the modifyPage, -findReplace, -findReplaceRegex commands available in the Confluence CLI plugin to automate this somewhat:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.cli

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events