Mapping a file folder to confluence

Scott Gilmour November 15, 2022

I have folders on a network drive that I use to store test results.

I would like to create a link on confluence to these folders but it doesn't seem to work when trying to add a link.  How can I do this in confluence?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How is your network drive being exposed to your network?  If it is just a file share, one that you "mount" on your local machine, then there's no way to create a usable link to it.  You can't know how or where people might be mounting it.

If you are exposing it as a proper share, it will have a static UNC which you can use as a link in Confluence.

It is a virtual machine on our network that anybody can access to store or get the test results that are posted by QA

How would I check for the UNC?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

How would you reach this share with a browser?

Not sure if we can I will ask I know the address takes me to VSPhere when entering it into a browser

Need to get more info I can do it from my browser but not from another browser on another system  I am working on it thanks for the help so far

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

Hi @Scott Gilmour welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Confluence has several free and paid third-party app integrations that link to Google Drive, OneDrive or SharePoint.

I won't link to a "regular" network drive / file share folder.

Jim Gilliam March 31, 2023

So, with Confluence Cloud, there isn't a way to map a local network drive? 

I need to publish content from MadCap Flare to Confluence. I have the option in Flare of creating "publishing destinations."  Here are my options:

FTP, SFTP, and File System (I use this to publish to SharePoint).

Will one of these work with Confluence Cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

No, because your "local" drive might not be the same as someone else's.

You can map to a shared resource with a common location of course (as long as it is accessible to the current user)

Jim Gilliam April 3, 2023

How do you map to a shared resource?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Generally, shared resources will have a URL that the directory or service is exposed to, so just give people the URL for it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events