Map attachment directory as network drive

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

I need to map attachment directory as a network drive. This drive should be unique for each and every user.

Ex: Map user A all attachments as a network drive.

3 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012
0 votes
Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2012

HI All,

DO you know plugin other than web dav. because I have another requirement;

I have documents in folder structure which contain files and folders. How can I import these folders and files to confluence. I need it to done automatically. Any opinion please....

Thanks

Heshan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2012

That's something you would do at an operating system level, and not within the application.

Some thoughts:

1. If you do decide to do it, it is absolutely critical that the network drives are READ ONLY - users must not upload files or edit exisiting ones. Or change directory structures or permissions.
  2. You will need to make sure Confluence is configured to store attachments on the file system (it's possible to use the database for this)
  3. I notice you've used the "OnDemand" tag. If you are using OnDemand, then you'll need to talk to Atlassian about doing it

On the last point, I suspect the answer will be "no", because it's a lot of work (you'll have to establish dynamic networks from your organisation into theirs, with the consequent security and hardware work - if I were a service provider, I'd charge you a fortune to set up a massive project like that), and frankly, it's pretty much pointless because your users can just edit most files directly from the pages they're on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2012

Oops, yes, I forgot about Webdav. I won't touch it because it's not https, but if you're on plain http, it will do part of the job for you.

Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2012

Thanks for your answers Nic. I'm not using ondemand version, and I have selected it by mistake. I'm using standalone version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events