Managing Personal Spaces

Janet Li January 26, 2015

Hello, I work in a large international law firm and we need a reliable way to manage user personal spaces.  We need them immediately deleted when a user leaves if there is no content, plus a way to be able easily identify personal spaces with content.  Most will likely be deleted, but some may be subject to a preservation wall and will need to be archived and identified.

Are there any tools that allow for better management of personal spaces? 

4 answers

0 votes
smarlowWWF August 26, 2015

Actually answered my own question straight after posting. I was experiencing difficulty due to how we have re-skinned confluence. Found out the 'keys' for the spaces I wanted to remove then found a delete space page and copied url 'spaces/removespace.action?key=xxxx' and replaced key with the one I wanted to delete.

GB June 7, 2018

Susan - thank you for posting.. this worked perfectly for us.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx/spaces/removespace.action?key=~xxxxx

Doing one-by-one but was able to clean up a number of old personal spaces that were created before we locked the personal space feature to prevent them.

0 votes
smarlowWWF August 26, 2015

Hi, I need to delete a couple of personal spaces - but cannot seem to get rid of them? Any tips on how I can? Users have left the organisation, but even logging in as them I can't remove these spaces?

0 votes
Janet Li January 28, 2015

This is yet another way in which I find Confluence not Enterprise friendly.  It still lacks the tools to manage large scale installations and content. 

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hello Gail,

I've searched in our plugin repository but I wasn't able to find a plugin to help manage the personal spaces. I believe the only way to manage the personal spaces is by checking the people directory for the people that have a personal space.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

I was interested in this question so am watching it and Rodrigo your answer pointing to the Atlassian documentation page may offer some help to Gail and others interested in this topic. I particularly noticed these items in the Notes section: • By default, deactivated users (disabled user accounts) are excluded from the people directory. You can include them by adding the showDeactivatedUsers parameter to the URL. For example: http://my.confluence.com/dopeopledirectorysearch.action?showDeactivatedUsers=true • By default, externally deleted users (for example, users deleted from an LDAP repository) are excluded from the people directory. You can include them by adding the showExternallyDeletedUsers parameter to the URL. For example: http://my.confluence.com/dopeopledirectorysearch.action?showExternallyDeletedUsers=true

Janet Li January 28, 2015

That deactivated users don't show in the directory is nice, but the user directory is not the issue -- it is what happens to their personal spaces.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events