Making links to new pages before the page is made - connection fails

Skip Sailors March 11, 2020

I have a style of editing wikis that I picked up very long ago.  I am editing an existing page and decide that there should be another page supporting it.  I make a link to the page in the page I am editing and continue to work on the current page.

Then, I publish the current page and click the link.  It brings me to the new page, blank, with a title, as I expect. I edit the new page.  I attempt to publish but the system tells me there is a timeout, and that my changes can't be saved.

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2020

It's interesting that you're doing this in Confluence Cloud, because I can't even work out how to do this in the new editor, even though it used to be a perfectly valid way of working in the old editor.

Skip Sailors March 11, 2020

I am typing away and have an idea for a title of a new page.  So I type the [New Title] in a box.  That makes a missing link in the current page.  When I am ready to create, I click on the missing link.  It brings me to the new page, that I can now not save.

Yes, that used to be [The Wiki Way].  I don't know why you'd want to change it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events