Making field in Confiform Readonly

Jasper September 16, 2020

Hi,

I created a Confiform on confluence and am trying to make one of my fields readonly. The field, Response, is currently being used to display a result when other fields are populated. The problem is that users are able to select from the stored results which is not really good. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

You can make the field hidden, you can choose the type as read-only... you can set edit/view permissions on the field, so certain user groups can only modify or view the field

Pick the option what fits best your requirements!

Jnr December 23, 2020

is it possible to save readonly values in the form?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

No, readonly values are not submitted.. what do you want to save there?

The value is READONLY... Logically, there is nothing to save

Jnr December 23, 2020

readonly value, which was received from webservice :)

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2020

Are you talking about "readonly" field type? 

And I am still unsure why you want to save something into a "read-only" field... which is by it's name tells that the value it stores is a read-only

May be you need to choose some other field type for this?

Jnr December 28, 2020

Well, even if it's read-only, you never know how it was generated. E.g. if there was a form which generates the value depending on the selection in other fields and it would be read-only for user and needs to be saved.

We found another way to save the value, but it is just strange why all fields in the form can't be saved.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020

It depends what do you mean by "read-only" - is it set via the (field definition) rule to be read-only or is it the field of type "read-only".

2 different things - one is the way to explicitly set the field to be read-only and not saved via the submit, while another is a read-only field that can be updated via IFTTT rules or via "set-value" field definitions and it gets submitted

Marius Laukaitis December 28, 2020

Hi,

So, how it should work in general? My example:

I have empty "Text" field. There is one rule, which sets value to this empty field depending on value from other field. Second rule checks when this "Text" field becomes not empty and sets field read-only to preserve value. When entry is created, "Text" field value is not saved.

0 votes
Marius Laukaitis December 28, 2020

Hi,

So, how it should work in general? My example:

I have empty "Text" field. There is one rule, which sets value to this empty field depending on value from other field. Second rule checks when this "Text" field becomes not empty and sets field read-only to preserve value. When entry is created, "Text" field value is not saved.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2020

Use "Readonly" field type for your "dependent" field, instead of setting it read-only via ConfiForms Field Definition Rule

Like Marius Laukaitis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events