Making Confluence available on the internet

Давлатсаид Асламзода
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 1, 2015
Hi, I installed confluence on the server everything works but I want it to work from the outside of the Internet , how can I configure

2 answers

1 vote
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2015

Hi, 

Do you mind to change the title of this question to someone more specific? Could be something like "Configuring Confluence to allow access from internet".  This will help other users who might have a similar question find what was discussed on this topic.

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

This is more of a networking question than Confluence.  But.  Your server has an ip address, which other systems can use to send it stuff over a network.  You need to set up your network so that there is a route from the outside world to that server that machines on the network can use.  BY default, most places will firewall it off, so you need to open the firewalls.  Also, it's likely that you'll be using internal IP addresses, so you'll want to use port-forwarding or NAT to say "when stuff arrives on our external address on url X, send it on to my server".  And you'll want to think about names and urls.

The really simple setup I use at home is 

• A domain like nic.org belongs to me.
  • I use an addressing service that updates that when my ISP changes my IP address
  • My router at home knows that when someone hits my address on port 443 (https://nic.org), it forwards all the traffic to a raspberry pi running apache
  • Apache has a set of sites on it including a reverse proxy for https://nic.org/conf pointing to the machine running Confluence on 192.168.1.33

That really is quite a simple setup, your organisation is very likely to be a lot more complex.  Talk to your network guys

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events