Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining external hyperlinks when renaming Confluence server

Ramsay Mayka April 23, 2015

We had a small Confluence instance that was used by a single division of the company and we migrated to a new instance that is for the whole company. As part of these changes the basic url was changed from confluence.X.com to confluence.Y.com where X was the division name and Y is the parent company name. We set up a redirect so that external links would continue to function, but they don't.

If you click on a link that points to the old server the user is brought to the new server (so that part of the redirect is working) however, the user is presented with their default page (ex. space directory) instead of the page they want.

Is there a way we can fix this?

If it can be fixed, will it work for urls that specify the page id as well as those that have the page title?

Regards,

Ramsay

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

On a similar scenario we used a transparent proxy to achieve such functionality. It is not optimal though as weird things can happen with the base url.

0 votes
Ramsay Mayka April 23, 2015

My problem was caused by an incomplete configuration of the proxy

When I created the Vhost, I forgot the $1 variable which means all info after the server Name.

Before
ServerName confluence.accovia.com

RewriteRule /(.*) https://confluence.acceo.com

NOW
ServerName confluence.accovia.com
RewriteRule /(.*) https://confluence.acceo.com/$1

I look forward to finding out what kind of weird thinks can happen with the base url smile

Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Being a while, but try uploading a plugin using the non configured base url.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events