Maintain Confluence SPACE folder structure

Salil Sawant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2023

Hi,

I wanted to add tight control on our company SPACEs

We have set up each function domain to have their own space along with a defined folder structure.

Question 1:  Is there any way the SPACE owner/admin can monitor that the folder structure is not violated. i.e. no can create a new folder without the admin knowledge. Maybe a report or script that can inform the admin on new folders being created or change in existing folders.

Also each folder will have a fixed type(s) of document in it.

E.g. a System Design folder will only have Architecture Design document, HLDs and LLDs in it.

Question 2:  Is there anyway the SPACE owner/admin can monitor that all documents are created from templates of the said document types and adhere to that page structure?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I suggest using Confluence Automation. You can set up triggers when a new page is published or moved, add conditions based on your use case, and send notifications, among other actions. Look at https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/confluence-cloud-automation/ to explore the options you can implement using Confluence Automation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events