Macros not working in Confluence iOS app

Jeff Greenhouse May 24, 2023

I am exploring some of the different Confluence macros, and everything seems to work just fine over the web interface, but in the iOS app (both iPhone and iPad), they aren't working properly. 

The Page Properties Report macro, for example. On web it automatically loads its contents and displays them in about a second. In the iOS app, first it shows a "Tap to Load" button. 

When I tap that, the little loading spinning circle icon spins for 30 seconds and then shows a "View" button. 

When I press the "View" button, a blank modal slides up that has no content and  just has a "Close" button on it. 

Then I tried adding a Live Search macro to my homepage. On web, it works perfectly. On iOS, it starts out with the "Tap to Load" button. 

Clicking that makes the loader spin for about a second and then it shows a "View" button.

WhenI click that, a modal slides up with a search box. Then i type something into the box and hit "Return". At that point, the modal goes black except for a "Close" button. 

I can't believe that this stuff would just not work, especially given the size and nature of Atlassian. I definitely have the latest version of the app (as I installed it today). 

Is anyone else having these problems? 

Is there some setting I'm missing somewhere? 

Is it that I only created my account yesterday and something hasn't propagated yet? 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Jeff Greenhouse ,

Indeed, the apps for Atlassian products don't work with all macros.

Jeff Greenhouse May 25, 2023

Aren't those macros part of the actual product itself? Has Atlassian acknowledged this lack of support anywhere? It seems like a huge, glaring issue. 

Like Sebastian likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events