Macro table

Lore Sanchez September 19, 2022

Hi there,

I created a macro table and when I checked the table it is diving every single table.

is there a way all the information can be in one table without the header for each table?

thanks

1 answer

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Lore Sanchez ,

Please give us some details about the issue. Are you trying to collect several tables into one big report? Maybe you are using the standard Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros or our company's Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros?

The main reason that your tables are not collected into one big table is that somewhere your headers are messed up (typos, extra columns, etc.). You should check them thoroughly.

If this is not your case and I got it wrong, please clarify it a little bit.

Lore Sanchez September 20, 2022

l

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Seems that the header rows look alike (I can see only 4 columns on the screenshot).

But what macro do you use to combine these two tables into one big report?

Lore Sanchez September 21, 2022

Hi Katerina,
I cant share the rest of the table due to confidentiality.  This is the macro I used macro.png 

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

So they are indeed our macros - Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include.

Go to the Table Excerpt Include macro and check if the "Show as a report table" is ticked:

Wed 6-1.png

If there are no any typos/extra columns in the header row, your separate tables will be merged into one big report.

If you don't see the option, it means that your version of the app is old and you need to ask your Confluence administrator to update it (the current version is 9.3.0).

Meanwhile, you may use the following workaround: wrap your Table Excerpt Include macro in the Table Transformer macro and combine the tables using the standard merge preset.

But despite this workaround I strongly recommend to update the app - otherwise you'll be missing new features and improvements.

This is what I see

table.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

You went to the settings of the Table Excerpt macro.

And you need to go to the Table Excerpt Include macro - the one that you use on your master page to collect several tables into one big report.

You may check this post related to a similar case https://stiltsoft.com/blog/how-to-create-reports-from-multiple-confluence-tables/ 

I am getting the belowmacro table.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

From your screenshot I see that you use two Table Excerpt Include macros: one for the "members" Table Excerpt and the second for the "vacancy" Table Excerpt.

If you want to combine several Table Excerpt Include macros (not the tables inside one Table Excerpt Include, but outputs of several different macros), wrap them both into the Table Transformer macro and choose the "merge" preset.

The Expand macro should be better on top of the Table Transformer macro.

I dont need the Master Vacancy Table anymore.  Is there a guide or steps that you can share with me please.

thanks,

Lorena

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

This post again https://stiltsoft.com/blog/how-to-create-reports-from-multiple-confluence-tables/ 

It's divided into steps and provides screenshots with highlighted settings.

Thanks.

Now I am having another issue - two of the tables are missing from the macro.  Is there any way you can help me?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

As the Table Excerpt Include macro collects Table Excerpts by names and by labels if the "Pages with labels" option is chosen, you may check the names of the missing excerpts and the labels of the correspondent pages (typos, extra spaces, etc.).

Lore Sanchez October 13, 2022

Hi Katerina,
I checked everything and I changed the header as well.  I am still getting the master table divided.  What do you suggest?

thanks,

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2022

Hi Lorena, 

I suggest applying to our support team - please use this link to create a ticket.

At first, as you are on Server/Data Center judging by the tags of the initial question, ask your Confluence administrator what version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app is installed for your instance. The current one is 9.3.3. If you utilize the older version, please update.

If you are on Cloud and the tags are wrong, then you just miss this step, it means that your version is always up-to-date.

Then create a support request: the portal is based on the Jira Service Desk and it's confidential.

Attach/provide us with a link to your Google Drive with the page storage format (upper right corner of the page -> menu ... -> View storage format) of 

• the page with the Table Excerpt Include macro
  • at least two pages with the Table Excerpt macros

Our team will recreate exactly your pages with all the macros and original tables and look into the issue.

If you don't see the View storage format option, ask your Confluence administrator to do it for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events