Macro name in the macro browser

Sean Kim December 14, 2022

How do you change the way macro name shows up in the macro browser?

I want to change the Helloworld macro to show up as "Hello World" in the browser but want to be able to type { helloworld } in the page to insert it.

This is the way it works for the bundled plugins.

For example, bundled plugin { userlister } shows up as "User List" in the macro browser.

Is there a property that can be set to override the macro's display name in the macro browser?

Referring to the plugin's macro module. Not the User macro.

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-confluence-hello-world-macro/

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Kim December 15, 2022

Solved by adding i18n-name-key to the macro element in atlassian-plugin.xml and the appropriate value in the plugin's properties file.

<xhtml-macro name="helloworld" class="com.atlassian.tutorial.macro.helloworld" key='helloworld-macro' i18n-name-key="helloworld.macro.name">
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Sean Kim ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

When you try to enter macro through { you need to add Macro Title and not Macro Name.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Sean Kim 

It should display the 'Macro Title' no ?

{helloworld} is the macro 'Macro name' as documented here.

Regards

Sean Kim December 15, 2022

Sorry I should have mentioned that it's for a plugin not the user macro.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events