Macro is not visible to user outside organisation

Zaheer Shaik April 5, 2017

Hi team. We have a macro which pulls data from Tempo and shows the completed time. We have shared this macro with our clients so that they can keep track of the project progress. However, the client is getting a message that they do not have sufficient rights. How do we give them rights to macros? Please help. 

1 answer

0 votes
kDay April 28, 2017

Hi Zaheer,

I'm guessing that you're using the Tempo Planner for JIRA or the Tempo Timesheets for JIRA plugin, and using a macro within Confluence to report on the data within this macro. Based on the scenario you've described, I suspect that your clients are encountering a permissions issue within JIRA rather than one in Confluence.

I recommend trying to resolve said permissions issue by ensuring that you've both allowed anonymous login and anonymous permission to see the relevant issues or project that you're pulling time from within JIRA (there are steps on how to enable anonymous access for issues and projects in our article on Allowing Anonymous Access to Your Project).

If you're using a shared filter or dashboard to report on the completed time, you'll also want to make sure that the permissions on this object are set to Public (as detailed within JRASERVER-23255).

Cheers,
Kenneth Giorno | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events