Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for Tasklist

Rochelle Lim October 30, 2020

Is there a macro in Confluence that would automatically add the checked (i.e. completed) vs unchecked (i.e. not completed) tasks in a checklist and tabulate them at the bottom of the page for a quick view of completed vs incomplete?

4 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Hi @Rochelle Lim ,

We can suggest using the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Here is the result that you can achieve with the help of the Pivot Table macro:

Mon 2-1.png

Insert two Task Report macros (one for complete tasks and one for incomplete ones because you can't get both at the same time) and wrap each macro in the Pivot Table macro:

Mon 2-2.pngThe Pivot Table macro settings are intuitive and Excel-like:

Mon 2-3.pngHope it helps.

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2020

Hi @Rochelle Lim,

I'm one of the developers of the Task Reminder for Confluence app. We know that Confluence is missing a lot of capabilities when it comes to creating reports on tasks. We are currently researching what capabilities are the most important and where and how these reports should be creatable and accessible.

I'd really like to hear more about your specific ideas and needs. If you'd like to tell me more, please send me an email to sven@livelyapps.com and we can discuss more details or maybe even schedule a call.

Cheers,
Sven

0 votes
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Rochelle Lim 

The Task Report macro works well for this. You have a "Task status" field that you can set to show incomplete, complete or both. You can set the scope to be based on pages, spaces, labels -- it's pretty flexible.

I have these on pages for minutes, with both sitting in an expand macro -- side-by-side in a two-column layout, so people can click to expand and see what has been completed and what it still due. 

Is that what you need?

But does it keep a running count of completed and incomplete tasks?  We're trying to create a dashboard view across 20+ lists of the number of incomplete tasks and complete tasks without having to go in and manually count them.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2020

Have you looked at the task-report-macro ? If will allow you to generate a filtered list of tasks.

But does it keep a running count of completed and incomplete tasks?  We're trying to create a dashboard view across 20+ lists of the number of incomplete tasks and complete tasks without having to go in and manually count them.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2020

Yeah, it doesn't do that. But you can use the report to pull lists of tasks from multiple pages.

The problem is you are on the cloud, so you are limited in your options: builtin function or third-party plugin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events