Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost in macro

Emile Bakker September 20, 2017

I have created the nice 300+ pages of product definition on my cloud account and slowly I start to get a feeling of regret...  There is on top of every page this macro with page properties displaying useless stuff. And, while writing the pages I thought 'i will change the content of that table later' 

Not so much!

Any help guide I run into tells me to go to a page that somehow is not part of my account. There should be a page called "User Macro" and found like this:

1. Go to  > General Configuration > User Macros

Well,... not in my account.

I can add macro's, there is just no where something that allows me to edit or configure it. And I am the admin of my account.

Just totally lost...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Cloud does not allow you to use user macros (they can be dangerous and hard to support), so it's not one of those you need to look at.

We'll need more information about this "macro with page properties" - a screenshot would probably tell us everything we need to know, but a description of content and location might be enough.  I assume you want rid of it?

tableversion.png

Right... no macro's.... really?

In the above table all I really want to see Version nr of the page, date of last change and Document owner...

Totally naive i assumed it would be easy to change.

And apply that to all pages in a single click :-)

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Yes, no "user macros". User macros are a super-admin only function of Confluence that gives you almost unfettered access to the JAVA API, which is why it's not included in the Cloud Instances, there's no policing it. It's only possible to define this in Confluence server and all documentation should be labeled to state this is NOT included in Cloud.

There is no and has never been a "bulk edit" for Confluence. Sorry.

The only real workaround is to use the REST API to GET the content and then use the REST API to PUT the updated content back.

Thanks for the clearity. I understand..

So, if I would like to have in the table above the "target release" changed to "version" I need to insert a call to the rest API?

Would that also be on a PDF export?

I need to deliver this in order to get a formal review (government) so, i also need to hand in PDF... 

Now I am just adding version history on the bottom of each page. But that is just not so elegant.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events