• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Lost draft template

Hello,

Is there somewhere I can access templates that have not yet been published? I spent quite a while creating a new template and navigated back to the Activity Feed accidentally. I hadn't yet published the template, and now can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

Hi Giorgio,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

I'm very sorry to tell you that Confluence does not create drafts for in-progress templates, and it won't be possible for you to recover your data within Confluence.

I've created a feature request below because I believe that it should be possible for users to save Confluence templates as drafts:

I have included the following suggestions in that request:

1. A way to manually create a draft before allowing a template to go live.
  2. A way to automatically create drafts, like Synchrony does for pages.
  3. A way to warn a user before clicking away that their work will not be saved.

I've included these suggestions in the above feature request, but please feel free to add any suggestions you might have as well in order to solve this requirement.

As a workaround to avoid losing form data in the future, I use an add-on called Typio Form recovery which saves (nearly) everything I type into a form in my browser. I can recover it later whenever I inadvertently navigate away from a page. There are a few other add-ons that do the same thing. I would recommend having a look at this list: 3 Browser Extensions to Save What You Type into Online Forms and Text Boxes 

Regards,

Shannon

Thanks a lot for your reply Shannon, and thanks for adding this feature request for me! I think this would be very helpful, fingers crossed we see something implemented here soon.

Best regards,

Giorgio

Like # people like this

Hi Giorgio,

You're welcome. I'll be watching out for this one as well.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week!

Regards,

Shannon

+1 on this. I just lost hours of work on a template I didn't complete.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

408 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you