Lost connection - can't edit Confluence page

Jeff Gosnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2021

I've seen a number of these posts. While editing a Confluence page, I get the message, "We've lost our connection to you, so we've disabled editing to prevent any issues." \The latest question receiving the response to check this page: https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/   I did so, and it stated "All Systems Operational."

I'm working from home, on a home Internet service (high speed, 200Mbps).  I'm using Firefox with the uBlock Origin extension.  No custom firewall rules or antivirus measures (Comodo Internet Security).

While trying to edit a page, I'm able to type a sentence, maybe two, before the page freezes and I get that message. The only thing I'm able to do is click the "Close" link, then click the Edit link (or click 'e') and start typing for about 15 seconds before I get locked out again. Fortunately, the edits are being saved.

This is the first page I'm creating on my new Space, on my new account. I've not tried to add any macros or other fun stuff to my little Confluence space.

16 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2021

@Jeff Gosnell 

Sorry to hear about this totally unusual Confluence behaviour.

Please click here then submit a support ticket. I have been using Personal Confluence cloud instance for few years and so far it is working fine.

• Did you try to open your site using a different browser?
  • Did you also try from a different device?

Best,

Fadoua

Jeff Gosnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2021

Well, it seems to be working now.  I guess I had to give my computer or something else a break.

If I experience this again, I'll try your suggestions and/or submit a ticket.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2021

@Jeff Gosnell  Glad to learn you no longer have this problem!

Lucas Chatham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 27, 2023

@Fadoua I'm still having this error and issue - constantly, actually, as in: every few minutes for the last 2 weeks. What is the resolution here?

Have removed chrome extensions, cleared cookies, restarted browser, restarted computer, etc.

10 votes
Jordan Kittle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 6, 2021

This keeps happening to me and it is really annoying.

4 votes
Ana Makarevich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 18, 2021

It's happening to me for more than two hours already. Firefox, all blockers disabled. Tried on two different machines. It's literally impossible to work with Confluence. I doubt Firefox is a problem. I've been using Confluence with Firefox for a few weeks before that with no issues.

2 votes
Thomas McCroskey March 17, 2023

This issue happens very frequently with me.  Changing browsers, clearing cache, and chanding machines does not fix the problem.  It is a constant issue. Atlassian is unable to help with this issue.

Thomas McCroskey March 17, 2023

The error message says" "We've lost our connection to you, so we've disabled editing to prevent any issues. You'll be able to edit once we reconnection. Trying to reconnect...".  I have no network connectivity issues at my home office.  This seems to be a problem in Atlassian's data centers in their network connections.  This error message reoccurs every minute or so for hours at a time.  The Atlassian product support process is too difficult to contact. So now I am lobbying my company to switch to a different product.

Like Michael Weis likes this
2 votes
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Just experienced this twice within a few minutes editing a page using Firefox. Does Atlassian test on Firefox? I have a fast broadband connection but I'm located in NZ some distance from the nearest AWS DC.

No sign of issues on the confluence status page for me either.

2 votes
Ray Dysart June 25, 2021

This is a bug in Confluence. 

I have a page stuck with this message, but I have other tabs editing the same Confluence space.

I actually edited and published the SAME PAGE and the original tab still said there was no connection.

1 vote
bernardo.plaza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2021

same here, is so anoying 

1 vote
Charles Amschel September 7, 2021

This was happening to me in Chrome but cleared it up by clear data for "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files."

Gabby Molinolo November 5, 2021

That works well for an hour or so, in my case. So I work in an incognito window sometimes so I don't have to deal with it.

1 vote
Gabby Molinolo August 26, 2021

It's infuriating. Happens at least once a minute

1 vote
Darren Teo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 26, 2021

Same here on Chrome, is the only workaround for this fix is to reboot your machine ?

0 votes
ravi_i2e1 April 29, 2022

Same here, I am using chrome

0 votes
Deleted user April 14, 2022

For me, this problem appears on one page only. the rest of my Confluence pages so far do not have this problem,

Thanks for the suggestion to use Incognito, which lets me finish writing the document. 

0 votes
Zakaria
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 4, 2022

Same issue here for me and some of my colleagues.

0 votes
Ana-Maria Galai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 11, 2021

same error for us, a week now it has been appearing,

0 votes
Daryn Louw October 15, 2021

The same issue occurs with me but only when I'm on a video call. Could this be a bandwidth issue in some cases? 

0 votes
Michał Kania September 27, 2021

Same here, Chrome and Edge

Gabby Molinolo September 27, 2021

We confirmed at my company that it was a security setting issue. One of the urls had changed so we whitelisted it.

Gabby Molinolo November 5, 2021

Actually, disregard. That only mildly helped. It's still practically unusable. We're switching to on prem soon, thank God.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events