Lost changes on a Draft - How do I recover them?

Bobby Hough December 11, 2022

I was working on two drafts in two separate tabs simultaneously over the last 3 days for a total of about 4 hours. Today, while actively making some updates to one of the drafts, I got an error at the top of my screen that I lost my connection with the server. This suspended my editing capabilities for a few moments. After my connection to the server was restored, I continued editing but some of my keystrokes were not logging and the page was jumping around randomly. So, I closed my browser in an attempt to fix whatever was wrong.

However, when I went back to confluence, both of my drafts had lost several changes. It is important to note that the changes that were lost were not necessarily my most recent changes either. For example, I lost the title of my document and paragraphs of copy, which were some of the first things I added to the document, but retained some new copy and images I had added hours later. This happened to BOTH drafts I had open at the time of the server error.

Any way I can get these back?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

@Bobby Hough Welcome to the Atlassian community

You would not be able to recover a draft since there is no versioning on them.  Here is some additional information on how drafts work in cloud https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-edit-and-publish-a-page/#Drafts 

Alexmar Sanchez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Hi Brant, even now, April 2024 this option is not available? I got the same issue recently 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events