Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access after confluence backup reloading on another server

Pierre SCHWARTZ October 20, 2017

Hello,

I am migrating Jira & Confluence instances into new internal servers. Both apps are linked to share authentication : Confluence uses Jira's users.

I have successfully migrated Jira and I can log in and manage it.

I have reinstalled Confluence on another server and reloaded the backup from the previous Confluence instance. No login/password has been asked during the confluence installation.

And I cannot log into Confluence. I assume the link between the apps is broken.

If I try to recover my password, the link sent by email brings me to the form, ok, but when submitted I get an exception

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Erreur "403 - Forbidden" rencontrée lors du chargement de cette page. client.forbidden.exception Aller à la page d'accueil JIRA

Using the database, how can I recreate an admin account ? With such an account I would be able to relog in and to reparameter the link between Jira & Confluence.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

Hi @Pierre SCHWARTZ ,

you can recover admin rights through the following approach https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events