Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost LINK dialog box

Deleted user April 16, 2023

Some how I lost the dialog box when I highlight text and can choose to add a link or upload a doc that the highlighted text will link to.

Once in EDIT Mode on a Confluence page...I used to highlight the text and choose the link icon. Then I would see INSERT LINK dialog box with the following options:

• Search
  • Recently Viewed
  • Files
  • Web Link
  • Advanced

Now all I see is...

• Paste link or search recently viewed
  • Text to display (filled with the text I highlighted)

I'm not sure what happened or how i get the other options anymore.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 17, 2023

I have tried pasting and then pressing Enter or closing the prompt afterwards, but the link is not created. And FWIW, when I search Atlassian help, the "old" way of creating links are the instructions that I find.

Thank you.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

@[deleted] Welcome to the Atlassian community

That is how the new editor functions and what you are seeing is default behavior.  You can simply paste the link that you want to a page or web link.  You can also use the area to search for pages.  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

@[deleted] After you add a link you should see the insert button. 

Screenshot 2023-04-17 100123.png

If you are not seeing this I would suggest clearing your browsers cache.

Deleted user April 17, 2023

I am not seeing the Insert button even after clearing the cache. If I press [ENTER], however, I can add the link that way. For now, I will just use this approach and when I have time, I will investigate this further.

Thank you.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2023

@[deleted] what browser are you using?  Have you tried other browsers?

Deleted user April 19, 2023

I have attempted this in both Mozilla Firefox and Chrome, and FWIW, my two colleagues are having the exact same issue. We are all 3 hitting the exact same corporate site to access our space, but we are not even in the same office/time zone. We all 3 WFH and are scattered across the US and Canada - other than going to the same site, we are on different networks, etc.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

@[deleted] I would suggest submitting a support issue with Atlassian so they can check your instance and make sure that nothing is wrong on it.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events