Looking for a list of confluence table names in postgres

g1patnaik April 3, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to convert my database from mysql to postgres. And I see in postgres some tables are expected to be lower case and some are in higher case.

Example: 

BANDANA is higher case in MySQL, but expected in lowercase in postgres.

SECRETS is higher case in MySQL and also expected in higher case in postgres. 

So the problem is the casing is not consistent and hence, I am unable to add any rules in pgloader to do my transformations properly. Atleast according to this article: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/table-names/, upper case names are expected for PLUGIN data related tables.

One way I may be able to fix this is try to start confluence and follow errors and fix table name cases accordingly one by one. But I want to know if there is already a list of table and column names with expected case for postgres db?

Also, I tried pgloader in two settings:

1. With default settings, where it does most of the conversions as confluence expects in postgres. (I think it could be a bug in atlassian side where it uses doublequotes on tables not related to plugins and are expected in higher case. Example: SECRETS)

2. quoted_identfiers, where it retains the mysql casing. In this, I found most of the tables have wrong casing.

So, pgloader default settings maybe good starting point. 

Or please tell me if I am doing anything wrong or if there is another way to fix this.

We want this migration to be done successfully, so that we can switch to datacenter solution where postgres can scale well. 

2 answers

0 votes
K M February 5, 2024

That is actually a problem I ran into a few days ago as well. What did you do in the end?

0 votes
g1patnaik April 3, 2021

Looks like only synchrony tables are names are converted wrongly with pglaoder default settings: SNAPSHOTS, SECRETS, EVENTS -> all lower cased with default settings of pgloader.

I don't see errors with any other tables so far.

However, there are many duplicated tables created. So I think I can use these duplicated tables list to add conditions in pgloader

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events