Login/rights Problem

itadm December 14, 2017

Our Confluence is connected with our ActiveDirectory.

After the login there are no workspaces. Just a blank page with a "Not allowed" text. We didnt change any settings or connects. Confluence doesnt have a local User, so there is no way for us to login and check the ldap connection. But since the AD-User can login (and nothing else) the problem must be somewhere else.

Maybe a DB Connection problem? I changed my picture in my Profile, as you can see in the screenshot, the picture cant be displayed.

We need to solve this problem as soon as possible.

kind regards

Unbenannt.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
itadm December 14, 2017

I figured it out how to reset the password of the local administration account and could log in to confluence. I dont have a clue how the domainusers could lose their groups. but i had to assign them to all the workspaces. a lot of clicking with over 20 users but at least they can login and see their spaces. But i still dont had no clue how this could happen....

are there any logfiles where i can search for the reason?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

I got the same when I messed up a user system last night.  The user might well be in the "can log in" group, so they've logged in fine, but if they have no group or user access to any space, you'll get an empty screen and minimal menus.

itadm December 14, 2017

did you figure it out how to solve this problem/bug?

in my case i didnt messed with the user system or anything else. and this error affects every AD-user who is created in confluence.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

My mistake was in the group names - in my user directory, I'd got a group for "confluence-users", but Confluence was expecting "confluence-user".  Creating the directory group, and adding the user into confluence-user fixed it.
I was ok finding it because I still had an admin user in the internal directories, otherwise I suspect I'd have needed to read cwd_user, cwd_group and cwd_membership from the database to work out what I'd done wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events