Login loop in new confluence install when trying to perform admin functions

I just installed an eval of confluence and cannot admin the install using the default admin account. Every time I go to the admin page and click on something to make a change, it redirects me to enter the admin password again. I do so, it takes me back to the admin page, I click on a something to change a setting, and it punts me back to the login page again in an endless loop. It appears as though each time it happens I am being given a different JSESSIONID, which seems to indicate some kind of persistence problem, but I only have one application server and am connecting directly to it (no load balancer of any kind). I'm not seeing anything of use in the tomcat logs, even when I set com.atlassian to DEBUG.

My install details are as follows:

Application server

Centos 6.2 x86_64

JDK 1.6.0_30

tomcat 6.0.35

Confluence 4.3.2 standalone ear/war

Database server

Centos 6.2 x86_64

mysql-server-5.1.52-1.el6

1 answer

1 accepted

I got out my shovel and as it turns out this was due to:

cookies="false"

being set in my context in server.xml. I changed it to true, restarted tomcat, and it resolved the issue.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

450 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you