Login from my webapp

Gaetano La Fragola October 24, 2019

Hi, 

I would log into confluence from my web application, so my users can open documentation directly without insert uid and pwd in the confluence login page.

How do I achieve that? Is there an howto/tutorial?

Thk

Gaetano 

2 answers

0 votes
Andrea Chiericati May 5, 2023

Hi @Gaetano La Fragola , did you solve your issue?
I have the same need

Gaetano La Fragola May 5, 2023

Hi,

I solved making public all knowlodge-base pages .

All in all , in my case, the app is publicly available.

I have used also the Jira Widget integrated directly into my app so users are able to create ticket and read knowledge-base inside my application workspace.

"By embedding a lightweight request form, your customers can send requests directly from any website you control.
If you enable and configure your widget, we’ll generate code that you can copy to embed the widget on your website."

Bye

Andrea Chiericati May 9, 2023

I understand, unfortunately I need to keep the contents private and with this deprecated feature I don't see any other options at the moment:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/deprecation-notice-basic-auth-and-cookie-based-auth/

For your need consider that solution in case og Jira Service Desk:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves/

Only your Jira SD Customer (unlicensed) can access to your knwoledge

Kr

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hello Gaetano,

Thank you for raising this question with us! Happy to help.

Is this a web application you're developing? You would need to still pass the login credentials to the page somehow, either by using API, or use SAML Single Sign On with Atlassian Access if you're on Cloud. This way, your users would just need to supply their email address and it'll automatically send them to your identity provider to obtain the login details.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Gaetano La Fragola November 14, 2019

Hi,

yes we are developing a web application and we wanna give to users the access to the kb and the docs stored in confluence.

I don't have a clear idea of what is the best way for us.

I would like my user are able to open a KB page of confluence using a link in a web page inside my web app. Obviously without the need to write uid and pwd.

My favorites in order are :

1) to pass uid and pwd from my app to confluence 

2) Using API to get confluence contents and show all inside my web app.

3) SSO

Can you give me any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Gaetano

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

Hi @Gaetano La Fragola ,

do you need that solution for Confluence Cloud or for Confluence Server/DC - makes a huge difference in the answer.

Cheers,
Christian

Like # people like this
Gaetano La Fragola November 15, 2019

I'm sorry.

I speak about Confluence Cloud.

Many Thanks

Like Julia likes this
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2019

Hi @Gaetano La Fragola

then probably your *only* options is:

> Using API to get confluence contents and show all inside my web app.

SSO/Atlassian Access will probably not work for you, since it only applies to Atlassian Accounts. So everyone of your Users would have to be turned into an Atlassian Account.

Passing UID/PWD from your App to Confluence Cloud, does not work either.

Cheers,
   Christian

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello Gaetano,

Thank you for clarifying that. I only see a Cloud account associated with your email, so my response from earlier would be the same. If it's for Cloud, you can either use API to do this, or you can add Single Sign-On to your account by subscribing to Atlassian Access which is a paid service.

If this is for another version of Confluence, such as Server or Data Center, please let us know.

Regards,

Shannon

Gaetano La Fragola November 15, 2019

Hello Shannon, thank you for "pronto" answer.

Please let me know where can I find tutorial/docs/howto for using API

We would like to start implementation as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Gaetano

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2019

Hello Gaetano,

The documentation for Confluence Cloud REST API can be found on our Developer site below:

If you're not familiar with REST-API usage already, have a look at this Beginners Tutorial for REST API.

And for more information on developing for Confluence Cloud, see Getting Started in the Confluence Cloud Development documentation.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events