Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of the server question

Berthold Neldner June 27, 2016

1)If our customer purchases licenses under the legal entity “  his firm name”  - is there a restriction where the servers can be hosted?

2)Currently there is no separation between the Atlassian Products (JIRA & Confluence). Could they be seperated with not too much administrative effort?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

1) There are no restrictions on the Atlassian side - they've sold you a licence.  Local laws are up to you

2) JIRA and Confluence are independent and separate products, off-the-shelf.  It takes administrative effort to get them to work together (albeit not a lot).

Berthold Neldner June 27, 2016

Thank you for the quick and informative answer!

Let me ask the first question more detaily to avoid missunderstandings:

To the situation: We are Atlassian Partner and one of our customers purchase licenses under the legal entity “the firm name”  - is there a restriction where the servers can be hosted? E.g. the License is purchased in Germany can the customer deploy in any of customers locations e.g. in Austria or the U.S.?

and a second new question from our customer:

2) Which is the binding Agreement for End Customers? Is it the EULA or the Customer Agreement?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

It's the same answer.  Restrictions are down to your local laws, the licence does not have restrictions.

The customer agreement is binding for the purchasers of the licence and the users, and the EULA is for the end users.  (In other words, both of them)

Berthold Neldner June 29, 2016

hi!

i have a new question from our customer to the second topic (EULA or Customer Agreement).

In case of conflicts between the EULA and Customer Agreement (if existent) - which document is valid?

I think, there should not be any conflicts?!?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

Indeed, they cover different things.

The Issue is, our customers lawyer thinks, that he found some conflicts between the two documents

Example: the EULA does not mention affiliates .. Customer agreement does…etc.

Which document has precedence then?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

I'm not a lawyer, I'd assume the documents themselves would make it clear.

I'd be surprised if there are conflicts though, as Atlassian do have lawyers too.

Yeah I think so too!

Sorry to get too much on your nerves smile but i get new questions to this topic:

If Atlassian changes Customer Agreement and/or EULA – how does the Atlassian Customer notice this? Is there any information service?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

Ah, this one I know - last time they changed the EULA, it was covered in the release notes for the version (which we're all supposed to read on upgrading!)

And what if Atlassian change it in between of 2 versions? laugh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

Changing it is effectively a code change, so they can't.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events