Localization of Confluence pages

qt qtms May 26, 2015

I'm looking for information regarding the localization of documentation written in Confluence. I couldn't find any information other than a recommendation (dated 2013) to use Bitvoodoo's add-on.

Any suggestions?

4 answers

1 vote
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hello,

I read that you already stumbled across bitvoodoo's app. As the technical writer at bitvoodoo, I'd like to inform you that we've made some major improvements to our app since 2013 :-) 

The app is now called "Translations for Confluence", available for Server & DC (and Cloud since April 2021):

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/28648/

Since we invested heavily in this app, it is now a paid app.

Using Translations for Confluence, you can have different languages on a single Confluence page. You can also differentiate between American, British and Canadian English to allow for subtle localization.

I just published a blog post on the subject of multilingual intranet platforms: https://www.bitvoodoo.ch/blog/2020/9/23/use-confluence-with-multiple-languages

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need more information.

Best, Cora

1 vote
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2015

Hi,

another Add-on to manage multiple languages in Confluence is Scroll Translations, available in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Depending on the complexity of your docs, you can either directly translate within Confluence, or export your content to your Translation Management System, translate it externally and import it back to your Confluence system.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via support@k15t.com.

We'll be happy to help.

Best,
Nils

1 vote

Here are two solutions - one a end-to-end process solution, and one a quick tool for smoothing communication / translation gaps in teams. 

Enterprise Translations Hub for Atlassian Confluence - for full doc translation processes, ongoing, including evolved translation libraries, etc. Supports 100+ languages. This has been developed and supported since early 2013. http://wiki.ca.com is the significant example site using the tool. They have fully automated their doc and translation processes on Confluence and with this integration. 

SpeakMyLanguage for Atlassian Confluence - for quick on-the-fly translations into up to 30 languages. This has been developed and supported since mid 2011.

Contact info@appfusions.com for evals.

0 votes
qt qtms May 26, 2015

Thank you both, your suggestions are very helpful!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events