• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

LiveSearch Macro?

There's a macro called LiveSearch, yet it does neither.  It's nothing more than a redirect to the built-in search engine for Jira.  It doesn't pull live search results and it doesn't even keep you on the page.  It takes you away from the page and moves you to the search engine.  That's not a macro, it's an annoying redirect where you have to navigate back to the page you were working on.  Is there a search box macro that we can use to search from the page we implanted the macro? -- Hence that's why i put it on that page.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Sep 08, 2020

Hello @Jeff Stow !

As I understand, the Livesearch macro is not behaving as expected. According to the macro documentation, the expected behavior for the macro is:

When users enter a search term into the search box, Confluence will dynamically display matching results as they type.

I tested out on my Confluence site and it seems to be working as expected:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 17.18.51.png

However, if I type my search and then press enter the results are exactly as you described. This happens because the Enter/Return key corresponds to clicking the “See more results for” option, right after all the search results are displayed.

With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. What happens if you type out your question and then wait a few seconds for the query to finish?
  2. What is the workflow that led you into the redirect part of the macro?

Also, here is our complete documentation about the Livesearch macro:

I hope this helps! Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Get to know the Confluence team!

Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to!  Meet some of the ...

236 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you