Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live templates in confluence 4.2

howard tiersky June 19, 2012

I want to create a simple form for job applicants to be filled out by our recruiters in confluence.

I want to use scaffolding to create teh form and then have a button "add new recruit" which creates a new doc based on the form and puts it into "edit contents" mode.

Two questions:

1) I created the form in confluence but how do I get it into a template? I tseems like confluence templates still have to be created with wiki markup is that right? If I have already created the form usign the new editor is there any way to turn it into wiki markup? Or do I have to recreate it like in notepad or something?

2) Whats the best way to create a button that creates a new page based on the scaffolding template and puts it into edit contents mode. I tried using the create page plugin but it only gives me 2 choices- edit or view (and as far as I can tell, edit doesnt work correctly in confleunce 4.2 anyway, but even if it did I assume it would put me in "edit " mode not "Edit contents " mode

any help appreciated! thx

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

For the first part, I guess you can get the page using Confluence CLI which should give you the markup and use it for creating the template.

Second one, I remember using {add-page} with the template name, even though I am not sure.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

You will need to recreate the wiki markup. The CLI will return storage format on 4.x - Confluence doesn't store wiki markup anymore.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events