Live search not working properly for anonymous access

SolidRun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2022

Hi, we are using confluence cloud for public knowledge base management ; Link to the site .

We added a livesearch macro in the middle of the page, expecting the same functionality as the search in the top right corner of confluence but we have issues;

- For logged in users (such as admins) the livesearch macro works fine

- For anonymous users they can search but the 'result pre-loading' is not working properly, the loading icon keeps on forever, if you hit enter then results are fetched properly.

The weird thing is that if anonymous users use the built in search in the menu top right corner it works fine.

Here is the result for non working search;

Screenshot 2022-01-30 092659.png

Here is the result for the working search; 

2.png

I assume this has something to do with user permissions but I can not understand what is the difference between the 2 search boxes and why one works and the other is not?

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks,
Ilya

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022
SolidRun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M ,

Thanks for the fast feedback, I did see this post but I see different behavior. 

I am not getting restricted access notice, but it's possible to search but the page search result is not preloading... this relates to the same issue?

I also don't understand how the search in the top right corner works fine but the macro doesn't ..

Thanks,

Ilya

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022

@SolidRun 

For a macro, It keeps loading, that's the issue!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2022

FYI

And this relates to the same Issue

Petr A April 25, 2023

Hi @SolidRun 

Have you solved this problem?

Chris Lundy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 2, 2024

It looks like the live search on the page in the OP (Link to the site) is now working for anonymous users. However, I can't get mine to work. Curious what fixed it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events