cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Templates?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

I've done searches.  Everything is 2 or 3 years old.  I found the Scaffolding plugin which looks great, but it's not supported on Cloud.  I desperately need this feature.  I need to add a new section to my customer pages and I don't want to edit 50 pages manually.  I need to be able to update the template the pages are based on once.

2 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

This may not help you for existing pages, but I use the standard "Excerpt Include" macro to include certain information across multiple Spaces.

I have a general Space which all Users can access where the source info is stored and set as Page Edit Restriction to myself and is where the source Excerpt is stored allowing me to manage it in one place.

Then in each other Space the excerpt can be included so it always picks up the latest info when the Users visit that page in their Space .

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2017

You can definitely do a lot with the standard "Excerpt Include" - the one limitation is that its only good for displaying content.

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2017

Unless you want to develop your own macros as an add-on, the next best option might be to script the update using the Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.cli/cloud/overview - its has a "modifyPage" command.

BTW the capabilities to develop a Scaffolding-like add-on for Confluence Cloud only became available in the later part of last year, so its possible that someone will develop something like it. E.g. Adaptavist just released the first forms Add-On for Confluence Cloud in December http://www.adaptavist.com/w/adaptavist-delivers-first-forms-add-on-for-confluence-cloud/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events