Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of users that are part of a same team

Vaclav Peter September 20, 2019

Hello,

Confluence enables me to create teams and invite people into them.

I would love to create a page that lists people from all the teams. Is there a way to achieve this? For example through some macro / plugin?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hey there, @Vaclav Peter!

I am wondering, maybe the teams you referenced are groups within Confluence. Would it make sense? Here is our documentation on groups:

If it is indeed what you were referencing, we can surely list users based on groups. We will need to use the User List Macro. Here is our page on this macro:

All we need to do is:

1. Create a new page
  2. Insert the User List Macro
  3. Define which group should be used by the macro
  4. Save the macro settings
  5. Publish page

After that, all users within the specified group will be listed on your page. Let us know if this helps you!

If the feature that I mentioned is not exactly what you are looking into, would it be possible for you to share more details on the matter with us? You can even send screenshots our way. Just remember that our community is an open space and everyone can see what is posted here. We need to censor or avoid any kind of sensitive data from our instances before posting here!

Looking forward to your reply.

Vaclav Peter September 23, 2019

Hi, @Diego ,

thank you for your reply!

Unfortunatelly, this is not exactly what I am looking for - I was looking into listing people from Teams - more information about teams can be found here:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/teams-and-people-profiles
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver0216/teams-and-people-957483786.html

However, let me describe my problem:

We'd like to state that specific user has a knowledge/expertise in specific area. And then easily list those who belong to specific expertise area. At the same time, I would like to have an option to search for specific user and see what expertise does this user have.

This could be accomplished manually by creating lists and adding user macros, but any change would require someone to go through all the lists. After some research, I came across teams and profiles that are available at /wiki/people/search - it has everything I am looking for while keeping the manual effor minimum, but I cannot find a way how to list users from Teams I create here on some confluence page - for example the way the User list macro works.

I also thought about having everyone create they own profile page and then label it with the "expertise labels" and just list the pages that have a specific label. But this requires everyone creating they own profile - even though they already have a Confluence account (wiki/people/search). So I thought about using what Confluence already provides, however I came across the issue with listing people from Confluence Teams.

Best regards

Vaclav

Like Nathan Phipps likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Hello there, @Vaclav Peter!

Alright, now I got what you need. Thanks for coming back to our thread!

The Team functionality that was introduced pretty recently in Confluence (Teams and people profiles)  does allow us to mention multiple users at once. However, we do not have a method to mention everyone who is part of any team within Confluence.

The closest that we can get to that is mentioning each and every team that exists in our instance. This will include mentions to all users who are part of such groups.

This is true because every time we mention a group within Confluence, the mention becomes multiple single-user mentions. Effectively displaying all users contained within this team.

Currently, there is no other method to mention each and every member of all teams.

Now, the second link you sent ([Portfolio for Jira] Teams and people)  points at Portfolio For Jira Teams. Portfolio Teams have no overlap with Confluence teams or mentions. So the usage to those teams is limited to Jira and Portfolio itself.

To address the list of pages filtered by labels, we can use the Content by Label Macro. This macro will list content based on the labels present in the content itself and which labels are defined within the macro. Here, have a look at the documentation for this macro:

Let us know if this helps you out. Looking forward to your reply!

Vaclav Peter September 26, 2019

Hi, @Diego ,

thank you for another reply!

Teams functionality while being able to mention the team would solve what we are trying to achieve. However, there's a little issue:

If I mention the team on Confluence page, all team members are listed. This is great.

However, if I add another members to the team, then these users are not listed on the page automatically. I have to remove the "mention" and create a new one.

Using labels and "Content by Label Macro" would work in our case, but requires plenty of manual work and creates redundant content, for starters creating a page profile for every member of our organisation. I would preffer not to go this way if we could somehow use the "people profiles" that are already in the Confluence.

Take care!

Vaclav.

Like Nathan Phipps likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events