• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Linux install with SQL Server on Ubuntu

I have a new instance (Stand-alone) of Confluence.  I have installed SQL Server on the local Ubuntu Server.  I opened up firewall ports (TCP 1433 and UDP 1434).  I can connect to SQL Server DB with SSMS to validate.  I have created a DB, User with dbo rights and the appropriate Collation and Multi user settings accorinng to Atlassian docs. 

I also have SQL Server JDBC driver and copied in place for Confluence to connect to SQL.

Test Connection does not give feedback and Next does nothing as well. What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I was able to solve my issue.  The jar files that I downloaded, and copied in, for SQL Server support, had 3 different compiled versions. Not thinking, I copied in all 3 JAR files into WEB-INF/lib folder. I removed all except the working version: mssql-jdbc-8.4.1.jre8.jar

With this jar file in place, the SQL Server setup Tested and Completed without issues. All is good with this new Confluence Instance (ver. 7.4.3) with SQL Server (ver. 2019) on Ubuntu Linux (ver 18.04)

Thank you Brant for the guidance!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 10, 2020

I would check and make sure that you did not miss a step when setting up the connection.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-a-datasource-connection-937166084.html  

You should also be able to check the logs and see what information is being provided there.

Found this error in the log: atlassian-confluence.log

UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 58.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0 (unable to load class [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver])

So now looking into the SQL Server jar files that I copied into place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

59 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you