Linux install with SQL Server on Ubuntu

Chris Palmer September 10, 2020

I have a new instance (Stand-alone) of Confluence.  I have installed SQL Server on the local Ubuntu Server.  I opened up firewall ports (TCP 1433 and UDP 1434).  I can connect to SQL Server DB with SSMS to validate.  I have created a DB, User with dbo rights and the appropriate Collation and Multi user settings accorinng to Atlassian docs. 

I also have SQL Server JDBC driver and copied in place for Confluence to connect to SQL.

Test Connection does not give feedback and Next does nothing as well. What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Palmer September 11, 2020

I was able to solve my issue.  The jar files that I downloaded, and copied in, for SQL Server support, had 3 different compiled versions. Not thinking, I copied in all 3 JAR files into WEB-INF/lib folder. I removed all except the working version: mssql-jdbc-8.4.1.jre8.jar

With this jar file in place, the SQL Server setup Tested and Completed without issues. All is good with this new Confluence Instance (ver. 7.4.3) with SQL Server (ver. 2019) on Ubuntu Linux (ver 18.04)

Thank you Brant for the guidance!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

I would check and make sure that you did not miss a step when setting up the connection.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-a-datasource-connection-937166084.html  

You should also be able to check the logs and see what information is being provided there.

Chris Palmer September 11, 2020

Found this error in the log: atlassian-confluence.log

UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 58.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 55.0 (unable to load class [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver])

So now looking into the SQL Server jar files that I copied into place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events