Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links to Confluence pages in JIRA

Lara Ramsay June 8, 2017

I read this: "Whenever a JIRA issue is mentioned in a Confluence page using the JIRA Issue Macro, JIRA will create an issue link to that page for you, automatically." to mean that "whenever" an issue was mentioned, the link would be created.

I have a confluence page that is a "hub" for lack of a better word, for a Feature. On that page, I inserted the JIRA macro and my filter criteria ("project = xyz and issuetype = story and component = 123 and fixversion = R.1" for example). I get a result - say 10 issues or so.

That is inserted in the page, but no "mentioned in" links are created in the corresponding JIRA issues. But the "mentioned in" link is created if only one result is returned.

If I do the exact same filter but return only one result, the link is inserted in the JIRA issue.

Is it not possible for the "mentioned in" links to be created if the JIRA issues macro produces more than one result?

This is problematic for our use case: users should be able to be in their story in JIRA and see the "mentioned in" link back to confluence. We don't want the users to have to create a link jira -> confluence on each story. The wording "Whenever a JIRA issue is mentioned in a Confluence page using the JIRA Issue Macro, JIRA will create an issue link to that page for you, automatically" seems incorrect - or are we doing something wrong? We've checked all our settings - the one by one links work fine, so it doesn't appear to be that.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2017

Hi Lara,

since the content of the table (the Jira issues at the moment you are watching the Confluence page) may change each time you reload the Confluence page, the issues are not linked to the page. 

The link is only created if you add one single Jira issue on your Confluence page.

Lara Ramsay June 9, 2017

Well darn. Thanks for answering :)

0 votes
Lara Ramsay June 8, 2017

I may have explained this incorrectly. If my filter returnes one result and I chose Single issue as the Display as type, a "mentioned in" link is created on the JIRA issues.

If I select Table as the display type, the link in JIRA is not created.

So I guess it would be a lot easier to say:

Is it not possible for automatic "mentioned in" links to be created in JIRA when the display type of Table is selected in the JIRA filter issues macro.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events