Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to different pages in Confluence 4

Alexander Vyrsky December 27, 2011

I experience a difficulty to link to a heading located on a different page. I know that I should use {{pagename#headingname}} syntax. But how does it look in reality? For example, I have a heading4 *rV – Position and velocity* located on a page *Optimized Real-Time Application (ORTA) Messages*. On a different page, I click Link->Advanced and put in Link the following:

{{Optimized Real-Time Application (ORTA) Messages#rV–Positionandvelocity}}

I also filled in Link Text with rV message. When I then click the rV message link, Confluence jumps to the beginning of the page *Optimized Real-Time Application (ORTA) Messages*. But I expect that it will jump right to the heading *rV – Position and velocity*.

Am I doing anything wrong or is there any trick?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Vyrsky December 28, 2011

Andrew,

I'm sorry but {{}} are from the original question I posted on Atlassian Support. I used wiki markup there to highlight some text and it appears wiki markup doesn't go to Atlassian Answers.

Yes, there is a plenty of content on the page and the heading in question is at the bottom.

What I might think of is that I use an en dash in the heading rV – Position and velocity between rV and Position and velocity. Can this symbol cause this issue?

Alex

Alexander Vyrsky December 28, 2011

I got a confirmation from Attlassian that en dash causes this issue in Confluence 4.x. They raised a bug report.

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2011

Hi Alexander,

You shouldn't have to use {{}} to enclose the link, you should be able to link to the heading just by using:

Optimized Real-Time Application (ORTA) Messages#rV-Positionandvelocity

Also, how much content is there on the Optimized Real-Time Application (ORTA) Messages page? A browser will only jump to the heading so that the heading is at the top of the page if there is at least a page worth of content below the heading. If there is less than a page worth of content in total then the link will look exactly the same as if you didn't use an anchor because the browser doesn't have to scroll.

Hope this makes sense?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events