Linking inside a page doesn't work

Charlie Bay February 11, 2016

Linking inside a page doesn't work for me the way explained in the help (using an anchor). I'm on a Mac. Is the procedure different? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2016

As far as I can see, you are doing it correctly.

Just to be sure:
You don't check the functionality of the link while still being in Edit mode, right?
Is the page long enough and are the link and the anchor far away enough from each other to really see the effect? If your page is not longer than your screen (no scrollbar) or both link and anchor are close to each other you won't see any effect, obviously. 

Charlie Bay February 15, 2016

Yes, I'm checking out of Edit mode. And yes, the link and the anchor are not close together. I'll try and add a bunch of crap in between them to see id that could be the problem. This isn't different for Macs and PC's, is it? Because I noticed that some of the commands and structure is PC based. 

0 votes
Charlie Bay February 12, 2016
I created an anchor and added a link as per the help. The only thing I noticed is that this help may have been written for PCs, not Macs. 
The anchor and link are on the same page. See the screen shots. When I do this, nothing happens. I click the link and I don;t go to the ipTables anchor.
Thanks,
Charlie
confluence anchor.jpgconfluence link.jpg
Thanks,
Charlie
0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Can you explain what you did and what happened?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events