Linking inside a page doesn't work

Linking inside a page doesn't work for me the way explained in the help (using an anchor). I'm on a Mac. Is the procedure different? 

3 answers

1 accepted

As far as I can see, you are doing it correctly.

Just to be sure:
You don't check the functionality of the link while still being in Edit mode, right?
Is the page long enough and are the link and the anchor far away enough from each other to really see the effect? If your page is not longer than your screen (no scrollbar) or both link and anchor are close to each other you won't see any effect, obviously. 

Yes, I'm checking out of Edit mode. And yes, the link and the anchor are not close together. I'll try and add a bunch of crap in between them to see id that could be the problem. This isn't different for Macs and PC's, is it? Because I noticed that some of the commands and structure is PC based. 

Can you explain what you did and what happened?

I created an anchor and added a link as per the help. The only thing I noticed is that this help may have been written for PCs, not Macs. 
The anchor and link are on the same page. See the screen shots. When I do this, nothing happens. I click the link and I don;t go to the ipTables anchor.
Thanks,
Charlie
confluence anchor.jpgconfluence link.jpg
Thanks,
Charlie

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

1,020 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you