Linking data fields to SQL database

Mark Sargent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2014

Hello,

We are looking to deploy Confluence along with ConnectWise and are looking to do some linking of data fields in the ConnectWise SQL database so they can be displayed in Confluence. From looking around online I'm not seeing a whole lot of information on getting an external SQL database linked up with Confluence. I have submitted a support ticket with Atlassian and they did not think it was possible but requested I ask on this site to see if anyone else has done this before.

A little more info:

We just want to display ConnectWise configuration item attributes in Confluence so the data is always the same between Confluence and ConnecWise. ConnectWise uses a standard SQL database so there isn't anything too far out of the ordinary here.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Hey Mark,

Yes, we do have a third party plugin that can do it, but is within Confluence as you can see here:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.sql
However, I'd encourage you to talk with the developer, Bob Swift to see if there's a way to hack the code to have it working with external database besides Confluence.

Cheers,

WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events