Linking Confluence OnDemand and JIRA OnDemand so they use the same login

BrightScope Systems June 24, 2014

My company has a JIRA OnDemand account and I recently added the Confluence OnDemand trial to our account. I have gone through the steps of linking them via Application Links, but I am not able to login to the Confluence account under my normal JIRA username/password. How do I use the same user list for both programs and how do I import a project into Confluence from JIRA.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica_Moszkowicz June 24, 2014

You need to make sure that that user has application access to both JIRA and Confluence. Look under user management and then application access. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the quick response!

When I go to user access on the JIRA side I don't see any options for confluence. When I try to grant access, I don't see anyway to add Confluence fron the list of users.

The same thing happens on the Confluence side. Do I not have them linked correctly?

Jessica_Moszkowicz June 24, 2014

Hmm, I'm guessing they must not be linked correctly. Do you have administrator access? If so and if things are linked, clicking on the cog wheel in the upper right of the JIRA or Confluence screen should have (at least 3) sections: one of the application you're in, one for user management, and one for other applications (JIRA or Confluence as the case may be). If you aren't seeing the other applications stuff, I'm guessing something went wrong with the link process.

Also, I do have admin.

I have access to the Confluence Admin from JIRA and the JIRA admin from confluence.

When I open the User Management for Confluence this is what I see:

I think I may have added it as a separate subscription. I linked them via application links which is why I was able to see any admin stuff at all. I'm assuming it needs to be listed under the same Product in the Licenses menu?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events