Linkable Heading Question

Molly Elmes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2019

Is there a way to copy a linkable heading when you are in edit mode so you can link to the top of the page? 

I only see the copy link when I am in view mode.  I have been copying the link and then editing, linking and republishing, repeat on all my requirements.

I appreciate the help! Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2019

Hello, @Molly Elmes !

This question been brought up in the past, here in our community! The thread that deals with have directions on how to implement it. Here, take a look:

However, if you are on Confluence Cloud, anchor macro is not available. For this to work, we can manually create the links to your headers.

The links to headers are the header title itself concatenated to the end of the page link. For example:

The link to that specific heading (HEADING ONE) will be this:

https://myinstance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GS/pages/333333333/PARENT-00#HEADING-ONE

You can manually create the anchor links to the headings by adding the # sign after the page link and typing out the heading title having each space in the title replaced with the – symbol.

I hope this shines some light, Molly! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events