• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Link to parent

I'd like to include an automatic link back to the parent page in my template. I can see how to do this for children pages but not for parent page.

Surely this is possible? What am I missing?

4 answers

You can make a simple user macro that will provide this functionality:

## @noparams
#contentLink2($content.getParent() false false)
0 votes
Mirek Community Leader Mar 02, 2016

You might add a HTML macro to a template with javascript code

Sounds great but we're on Confluence Cloud sad

Hi Matt,

I've been thinking about your problem for a while, and I decided to write a small connect plugin that displays a link to the parent page.  It's not 100% perfect yet (it still doesn't align text perfectly when the link is displayed in the same paragraph with other text), but if you would like to try it out, you can send me an e-mail at stephendeutsch1@gmail.com and I will send you a link to install it.

Did you end up releasing this?

Hi Evan, yes, it ended up getting released in a slightly different form as part of another app, Useful Macros: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222454/useful-macros-for-confluence-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

107 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you