Link to anchor in UI Tab

Nataly Sny November 13, 2018

Could somebody give an advice how to insert link to anchor that is placed in macros UI Tab within the same page

5 answers

0 votes
Indre October 17, 2022

Just a kind follow-up on this topic in case someone found an answer to this issue.

0 votes
Kevin Medeiros December 2, 2021

It may be that the tab contains an included page.  Edit the page then click on "Excerpt include" for the desired localtab then click on "Go to included Page" then go to the section you are interested in and copy the link.  Hope this helps!

Trevor Stuart December 2, 2021

Just tried this. Not sure what you mean by copy the link. What link? 

I went to the section of the page I want to link TO. Inserted macro/Except include

typed the name of the page I was going to have link here. 

Then clicked go to included page, edited this page but had nothing to paste. Tried just copy/paste the excerpt include macro from the other page, but that doesn't even appear in the final rendering of the page.

Kevin Medeiros December 3, 2021

In my particular case there is a link to the left of the heading.  Hover over the the heading then hover over the link to the left of the heading.  When you hover over the link it will display "copy link".  I guess this all depends on how your page is set up.  I'm no expert but this is what worked for me.

0 votes
tobiaszanger July 22, 2020

Only a workaround:

Link to a tabbed item

When navigating to a tab, the URL will be updated with a hash reference. This URL can be used to link directly to a tab located on a page. 

e.g. https://confluence.com/display/Spacekey/Pagename#tab-Tabname

Use headings in the tab and insert the macro "Table of contents". Use the Include / Exclude Headings parameter to show only the headings in the tab. 

Trevor Stuart July 7, 2021

I tried this work around, but it doesn't seem to work. The link appears when I hover over it. But when I click nothing happens.

Like Indre likes this
0 votes
bushrakECU June 30, 2020

I have the same issue, can this be solved in near future?

Thanks

0 votes
Santwana Sarangi {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hi Nataly,

In macro UI tab, you can insert anchor as #<anchor name present in the page>. For more information please visit this document https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/anchors-139442.html.

Thanks,

Santwana

Nataly Sny November 14, 2018

Hi Santwana,

Thank you for answer!

But I'm afraid I should describe the issue more carefully. The case is the anchor is placed within one UI Tab, and the corresponding link (as #<anchor name present in the same page, but another UI Tab>) is placed within another UI Tab. And the link doesn't work.

Have you ever faced to such?

Thanks,

Nataly

Michaela Galkin May 4, 2020

Could this problem be solved? I have the same problem and I am looking for a solution.

Like # people like this
Marianna Seger July 17, 2023

me too

Like Megan Lewis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events