Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to Page Comments

Jackie Craine August 8, 2022

Is there a way to create a direct link to page comment section? It appears there is no way to access the comment section to add features. 

Is there a way to display page comments on another page? 

I also noticed that the page comments don't even show up on a table of contents. 

We are using the page comments to share professional development articles, is there a better way to create a feed on a page?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

Hi @Jackie Craine ,

as for your questions:

• I just tested to create a link to the comment section and it worked!
    → [page url}#comments-section
  • I don't think there's a way to display comments on another place out of the box because they are not part of the page content
  • Comments do show in a TOC, when some comment content is formatted as a heading - as the TOC shows headings
  • Regarding better ways to create a feed: It depends on what you want to display. If the focus is on the bare list of articles, pasting the links on the page itself should be sufficient. If you want to display both the user and the time he posted on the page, it takes some efforts from the users or a plugin

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Jackie Craine August 9, 2022

This worked perfectly! I was able to use the link to develop a button on our home page that takes you directly to the comments section. THANKS! 

Like Nicolai Sibler likes this
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2022

Kindly mark my answer as accepted to make it easier for other people searching for the same thing :-)

0 votes
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Jackie Craine - did you try the advice on this page under "Comments"?

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-links-and-anchors/ 

I could not find any advice for adding comments to the TOC. This might be a feature you can request. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events