Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Link template

How do I share a template with a link?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S Atlassian Team Aug 08, 2019

Hello Edwin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

It's not possible to share a template with a link. If you need someone to edit a specific template, then you will want to tell them the name of the template and where it's located (i.e. which space, or if it's a global template.)

If you want users to create a specific template, you can use the Create from Template Macro in a page.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Checking in to see if this is still the case or if there is now a way to do this?

Agreed. Too many templates and not easy to direct people to the right template to use. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow.

Atlassian has filled our Confluence with third-party templates that we never use because we can't direct people to them from wiki text. I can't believe I have to write instructions into a wiki page telling people how to go find a template for their documentation instead of just linking to the danged template. I get that you want to use an instance instead of the source template (which is, pointlessly, linkable). So how about letting me create a template with a button on the page that lets the user make a quick new copy, so I can at least link to the instance? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

208 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you