Link a decision in meeting notes to the decision log

Edward Abbati November 8, 2018

I just want to create a decision in the meeting notes and have the decision link to the decision log so I can see all of them.  I tried @mention, date, decision  but I don't see it linking to the decision log after I publish the meeting notes

3 answers

2 votes
Abhishek June 20, 2020

@Shannon S 

macro which will allow to aggregate decisions from the Meeting notes. is there any update on this?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2020

Hi Abhishek,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for following-up on this.

The feature request for aggregating decisions made with the Meeting Notes templates can be found below:

All updates will be found on the ticket itself. According to the most recent status, the feature is Under Consideration. So, according to our Implementation of New Features Policy, the request is now in the Prioritization phase.

We're starting to do some research to help shape how we solve this problem and to better understand all the ways organisations are using Decisions. We'd love to hear from you, if you have a few moments to provide additional context we have this short survey. Your feedback will go a long way to helping shape the roadmap and solutions we build.

My recommendation would be to complete that survey, and watch the request so you can be informed if the feature is accepted for a future roadmap.

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Take care,

Shannon

Like Abhishek likes this
Abhishek July 6, 2020

@Shannon S  

I have completed the survey.

Like Shannon S likes this
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello Edward,

The decisions in the Meeting Notes template in Cloud are separate from the decisions made using the Decision Template. Only those made using the template will show in the Decisions Log.

There's no way to aggregate the decisions made in meeting notes for now, but we have a feature request below that you can vote on for this:

Please also submit your feedback regarding Decisions using this short survey, which will go to our development team.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Irina Melnichenko August 29, 2019

"There's no way to aggregate the decisions made in meeting notes for now," - how come? (((

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2019

Hi Irina,

There are two types of Decisions in Confluence at this moment:

1. In the classic version of the editor, there is a template called the Decision Template. The Decision Template would create a Decisions Log automatically. This log displays all pages that have been created using this template.
  2. In the new version of the editor, the Meeting Notes Template also has a feature called Decisions, but this is separate from the original feature. Therefore, these decisions aren't included in the Decisions Log because they aren't pages created using the Decision Template.

I do understand that it's a bit confusing because of the new feature, but since the new editor is being gradually rolled out and improved, there is not yet a feature to aggregate those types of decisions.

This new editor will be continuously improved, so there is still potential to have functionality like this. For that reason, I would encourage you to vote on the feature request, and fill out the survey that I shared above. It will help to improve that feature based on how Confluence users intend to use decisions in their workflow.

I hope that helped but do let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Michael Scales likes this
Irina Melnichenko September 2, 2019

Thank you, Shannon, I voted already. If would be good to have a macro which will allow to aggregate decisions from the Meeting notes.

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 3, 2019

Irina,

Thank you for your vote! It would definitely be good to have, for sure!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Nadine Miner April 16, 2020

Where is the Decision Log located? I understand it is created "automatically" the first time the Decision template is used, but i can't find the Decision Log anywhere?

Help?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2020

Hi @Nadine Miner,

At the time of this thread, the Decisions Log would indeed have been created automatically and could be accessed from the sidebar. I tested it before I wrote back Edward back in August, but it seems like something changed since then.

This will need further investigation, as it could be a new bug. Could you please raise a new question specifically about that issue, and then tag me on your question? Then I can continue my investigation and reply to you directly there. I'm just trying to avoid using an older thread in case other users are having the same issue. I want them to be able to see that it's a recent problem.

Thanks again, and I'll let you know what I find out!

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 20, 2020

Hello again, @Nadine Miner!

I've just discovered your thread from Thursday:

I'll be following-up with you there, as we've done some further investigation on this in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience!

Regards,

Shannon 

0 votes
Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2018

Hi @Edward Abbati,

It was discussed in this thread as well. The Decisions Log uses the Page Properties Report Macro to display information. The Decisions Blueprint includes a Page Properties Macro in order to collect the information about the decision.

Thanks,

Yoga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events